Working with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Online, Monday, 02. November 2020
About this Event
Narcissistic Personality Disorder is sometimes a label that causes helping professionals to either avoid working with people who have the diagnosis or to experience a feeling of inferiority in their presence. This often leads to people with the diagnosis of NPD being portrayed in a negative way. These are people who play a valuable role in society and for whom; a sad story lies behind their way of being.
This workshop aims the provide participants with a useful understanding of NPD and some knowledge, skills and attitudes to work with it.
Aims of the event
- To explore the diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality DisorderTo outline difficulties in treating NPD and how to work with these
- To highlight treatment options that are effective in the treatment of NPDTo develop an appreciation of the value of schema modes in the treatment of NPD
- To highlight the importance of the Therapists way of being
- To examine interventions that improves quality of life.
About the facilitator - Andy Gray
Andy is an Integrative Psychotherapist with 25 years of experience in Social Work, Hospital and Private settings. He recently retired from full time clinical practice and clinical supervision to focus more on consultancy, training and development.
He has a deep interest in all religions and forms of spirituality and is currently undertaking studies in Theology. Andy is keen to explore the long term and current connection between faith and Counselling practice from all perspectives. He is passionate about training and delivers in a laid back, friendly and humorous style.
Registration, Cost and Payment Options
Option 1: Cost £85 / Student £65 via Bank Transfer, Cheque or Invoice by emailing email
Option 2: Cost £92.22 / Student £70.66 Online via Eventbrite. Please note that there is an extra admin charge made by Eventbrite.
Handouts and CPD certificate are included in the price.
Please note that a delegate space is not guaranteed until payment is received.
Minimum numbers: 10 – 20 Please note that the workshop is subject to cancellation or re-scheduling if the minimum number required to make them viable is not reached. In this situation, the following options will apply:
- Receive a full refund (excluding Eventbrite's fee if you pay using this method).
- Hold the space until a new date has been offered.
- Move the booking to another workshop.
- Receive a credit note to use at a future date.
The Sharing Space
- Would you like to present at a seminar or workshop?
- Can you recommend a speaker?
- Do you have a topic you would like to hear about?
Then email email.
Pass it on! Feel free to pass this invitation on to colleagues and counselling centres – everyone is welcome!